At Healthy Life Doctors, we take great pride in providing the finest wellness care to our patients. Below is a sampling of the different services we offer in our Delaware and Upper Arlington Office.
- Chiropractic Care
- Therapeutic Massage
- Dry Hydrotherapy Aqua Med
- Ionic Cleanse Foot Bath
EB Cellular Cleanse
- Nutritional Supplementation
- BioMeridian Assessment
- Therapeutic Ultrasound
- Intersegmental Traction
- Chiropractic Adjusting Techniques
- Rolling/Segmental Thermal Scanner
- Pulse Wave Profiler
- Static and Dynamic Surface EMG
- TANITA Bioimpedance Analyzer
- Basic Blood Chemistry Tests
- Salivary Hormone Testing
- Hair Analysis
- Metabolic Testing
- Low Level Laser (LLLT)
- Spinal Decompression
We provide advanced spinal correction utilizing "state of the art" chiropractic and evaluation process techniques. Never in the history of chiropractic have we been able to provide the level of help and expertise that now exists. These newer correction methods are even safer, more comfortable and more effective than ever before. As a Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Keith Lewis has years of training and experience in spinal adjustment.
Performed by licensed specially trained therapist in a relaxing environment, massage incorporates deep tissue work, neuromuscular and advanced technologies for structural integration to encourage healing and maintain well-being. Research shows massage can reduce heart rate, improve range of motion, improve circulation and lymphatic damage and lower blood pressure. Massage also promotes relaxation, stress reduction, revitalization and rejuvenation.
Vibra acoustic therapy combines vibra therapy with dry heat sauna, aroma therapy and music therapy. The treatment improves moods, promotes relaxation, alleviates stress and stimulates healing. The experience is truly revitalizing.
Dry Hydrotherapy Aqua Med
Dry hydrotherapy combines the time release benefits of massage, heat, and whirlpool in a single system with the added benefits of music, you experience the ultimate relaxation experience. The treatment allows you to stay clothed and dry promoting a hygienic and comfortable experience.
Ionic Cleanse Foot Bath - EB Cellular Cleanse
A form of deep heat of soft tissue which increases blood flow, improves oxygenation, increases metabolic rate, relief of pain and edema and decreases chronic inflammation used in the treatment of arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, neuritis and spasms.
Low force adjusting instrument to correct spinal misalignment and reduce musculoskelatal tension associated with (myofascial) pain.
Meridian Stress Assessment (MSA) testing measures the energy at meridian points, which directs the doctors to probable areas of imbalance. The MSA provides the doctor with objective data in determining what major system and organ in the body are stressed and weakened. The information, including MSA testing data, profiling information phase, determination and patient symptoms is combined and analyzed to direct the doctor to the optimal homeopathic protocol.
Ultrasound is a therapeutic modality. Ultrasound is applied using a round-headed wand or probe that is put in direct contact with the patient's skin.
It has been shown to cause increases in tissue relaxation, local blood flow, and scar tissue breakdown. The effect of the increase in local blood flow can be used to help reduce local swelling and chronic inflammation according to some studies, promote bond fracture healing.
It is a way of inducing passive motion into the spine for the purpose of flexing spinal joints, increasing mobility, and preventing disc degeneration.
Chiropractic Adjusting Techniques
- Low Force (activator, percussor, adjustor, impulse)
- SOT; Applied Kinesiology
- Extremity Adjusting
To complement and enhance the healing effects of the Doctors specific Chiropractic manipulative treatment, we at Healthy Life Doctors also provide the following physiological therapeutic procedures:
- Interferential electrical muscle stimulation
- Microamperage neural stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Moist heat therapy
- Paraffin bath
- Horizontal Wave Electrical Stimulation
Rolling/Segmental Thermal Scanner
The Thermal Scanner assesses autonomic function by measuring skin temperature differentials.
Pulse Wave Profiler
- PWP Scanning modality measures Heart Rate Variability (HRV), HRV is the beat-to-beat variation in heart rate.
- Physiologic Phenomena, including breathing and autonomic nervous system activity.
- Healthcare professionals utilize HRV for a wide variety of clinical applications. HRV provides a window into how the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) modulates heart rate in the baseline or resting state.
- A hand-held device that accurately measures the sensitivity of paraspinal tissues. Tender areas discovered by palpation may now be quantified and progress can be graphically displayed throughout a course of care.
- Pressure Pain Threshold (PPT) has been used by many authors to quantify pain findings for myofascial trigger points and pain over bond using an Algometer.
- A well established clinical procedure.
- The inclinometer is used to perform accurate spinal range of motion (ROM) measurements. ROM measures are widely employed in clinical assessment impairment rating. The inclinometer uses dual point measurement technique.
- Readings and reports use the three trial protocols and reference norms defined in the AMA Guides. This enables doctors performing impairment evaluations to obtain fast, accurate, compliant reports.
Static and Dynamic Surface EMG
- Surface EMG (Electromyography) is a device for measuring extremely small amounts of electricity generated by muscles below the surface of the skin.
- Surface EMG is a reliable way to accurately measure and record muscle tension due to stress or trauma. Recordings before and after treatment can be used to show progress and treatment effectiveness.
TANITA Bioimpedence Analyzer
- Impedence of the human body, and estimates of mass distribution and body water compartments.
- Bioimpedence testing provides a non-invasive tool for objectively monitoring body composition - a key indicator of health and vitality.
Basic Blood Chemistry Test
To assess a wide range of conditions and the function of organs. Often, blood tests check electrolytes, the minerals the muscles, heart, and other organs work properly.
Usually ordered when a doctor suspects that an individual has a urinary tract infection. This test can measure:
- The number and variety of both red and white blood cells.
- The presence of bacteria or other organisms.
- The presence of substances, such as glucose, that the kidneys should have filtered out.
- The pH, which shows how acidic or basic the urine is.
Salivary Hormone Testing
- Vehicle for determination of plasma steroid hormone levels.
- The value of saliva as a monitoring medium resides in the fact that it is easy to collect, store and ship, and is non-invasive, thus convenient for multiple sampling.
- Trace mineral analysis is a test which measures the mineral content of your hair.
- Mineral content of the hair reflects the mineral content of the body's tissues. If a mineral deficiency or excess exists in the hair, it usually indicates a mineral deficiency or excess within the body, or bio-unavailability.
- Metabolic rate or metabolism is the rate at which the body expends energy. This is also referred to as the "caloric burn rate". Knowing your metabolic rate is vital for weight loss, as well as, knowing the proper caloric requirements needed to treat various health conditions and disease states.
- The diagnostic test requires a simple "breathing test" lasting about 10 minutes. The technology can be used for any patient where measurement of metabolic rate or oxygen uptake (V02) will be useful, including weight management and nutritional assessment services.
LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy)
Laser Therapy is the application of red and near infrared lights over injuries or lesions to improve wound/soft tissue healing and give relief for both acute and chronic pain. LLLT is a light source treatment that generates light at a single wavelength, emits no heat, sound or vibration. Instead of producing a thermal effect, LLLT acts via a non-thermal or photo-chemical into cells, also referred to as a photo biology or bio-stimulation.
- Used to Increase the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair.
- Give pain relief.
- Resolve inflammation.
- An alternative to needles for acupuncture
- Increase production of Cellular Energy (ATP) to normalize and improve cellular function.
Non Surgical treatment of Lumbar Disc Conditions.
DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy, a structure based procedure, is one of the leading long-term treatment options for treating low back (Lumbar) and cervical neck problems.
Often, the pain in your back or neck is due to a bulging or herniated condition of one or more of the discs that act as a sort of shock absorber or cushion in between the vertebrae that make-up your spinal column. When your disc(s) bulge, are herniated, or simply wear out, the disc can press or pinch against a sensitive nerve, the result of which can be VERY painful.
Over time, your body suffers from the wear and tear of daily living, as well as the overall effects of gravity, DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy helps to create a negative pressure in your disc (decompression). Decompression is the result of proper positioning and tractioning of your spinal column. DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy is an intuitive approach to help relieve the pain in your back and neck pain.